Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica Users digest V20 #39
From: Afterswift@aol.com
Date: Mon, 28 May 2001 11:11:14 EDT

In a message dated 5/28/01 12:07:33 AM Pacific Daylight Time,
owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us writes:

> I know the CL and its lenses are not really compatible
>  with the M series...any former or current CL owners
>  that can speak of the advantages/limitations of this
>  camera?
I've used both CL lenses with my M3 without a problem for years. The CL needs
a period of sustained use to get the hang of it -- for example, film
insertion. After that it becomes almost effortless. The meter is OK but the
camera should be handled with care. The viewfinder is very clear and the
rangefinder accurate. The lenses are easy to use with zone focusing. It has
the usual Leitz precision -- which is where its quality comes from. Few other
cameras have the hinged film gate that the CL has. The negatives are splendid
because of that. The CL results are technically professional.

br