Subject: [Leica] Was Large format advice, now 6x9 camera
From: "Paul Bolam" <Paul@bolam67.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2001 09:38:39 +0100

Hi Logan,
I've down-sized my medium and large format gear over the last two years, as
a result of back problems. I had Mamiya RZ67 and Sinar kit but have
consolidated to a Silvestri T30 architectural camera.

http://www.silvestricamera.com/

This is a modular system primarily designed for 6x7 and 6x9 format but with
specific film holders it can also do 6x12 and 4x5. You can use either
Schneider or Rodenstock lenses from 35mm up to 180mm.

The front of the camera can be shifted by 30mm to eliminate converging
lines. The camera is very compact and built like a tank. The rollfilm holder
rotates so you can change from landscape to portrait quickly. I normally use
it in 6x9 format.

I only have two Schneider lenses; the Super Angulon 5.6/47XL and the APO
Symmar 5.6/100. The former is designed for 4x5 and the latter 6x9. So, I can
use the 47XL in 4x5 format and it roughly equates to a 14mm (in 35mm film
standards). Obviously, this is great for architectural interiors and should
I use it with the 6x9 RFH then it equates to a 20mm lens (in 35mm equivalent
standard).

Have a look at Silvestri's site and please let me know if you have any
further questions.
Cheers,
Paul.