Subject: Re: [Leica] FS: Leica M5, M6, and Lenses
From: Cmrausr@aol.com
Date: Mon, 21 May 2001 16:22:53 EDT

Hi Lee,

I've waited a couple days to get in touch because you said you'd prefer cash
for your M gear but would consider trading for R.  I have R gear that I want
to trade for M if you are amenable, and no one has snapped it up for cash.

Here is the list, and the prices I will ask for them. Your items seem to be
fairly priced and total $4855.00 in value. If you'd like to choose gear up to
that value, I can just sell off what is left.

I don't have the lenses in front of me right now, so I can't do the serial
numbers, but I'll describe their relative newness.

R6 body with current style R winder and grip. Grip has a custom made epoxy
surface which conforms to your fingers, making it much more ergonomically
correct. EX+++ no dings or scratches, black. $1200.00

R8 body w/winder, Ex+++, mint -, winder edge has a small spot of paint
missing, body is pretty much pristine. black. $1400.00

24mm R, mint-, latest style e60filter thread,hood.  $750.00
35mm Summicron R, latest pre ROM style, e55 filter, ex+, just serviced by DAG
with focus buttery smooth.  $650.00
35-70 4 zoom, ROM, the perfect flash lens for the R8, or for walking around
with one lens outdoors. Amazingly sharp, and the macro feature is sharp as
well. LN- w/box, case. $700.00
90/2 Summicron 3 cam  e55 filter, ex++, smooth, clean, few signs of use.
$600.00
180 Elmarit 2.8, Pre APO mint- e67 filter, very compact and sharp $800.00
Don Chatterton has one for $1100.00
400 6.8 3rd cam slide focus w/o shoulder stock, I prefer monopod. EX+ $700.00

It's a pretty complete outfit which works for just about any situation if
you're interested in it all.

I have all digital Nikon SLR gear at work, and it just doesn't make sense to
have the money tied up in two SLR systems. I don't think I've been through
more than 20 rolls of film through both bodies combined since I put the
outfit together.

Let me know what you think, I am not looking forward to the agony of eBay,
and a bunch of separate sales if I can avoid it

cheers, Scott Stewart

Scott Stewart
The Greenville News
305 S. Main St.