Subject: Re: [Leica] Focotar Enlarging lenses
From: apbbeijing <apbbeijing@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 20 May 2001 07:20:36 +0800

> Well, I didn't mention it, Adrian, as the question was specifically about
> Focotars.  I also didn't mention the various Elmar enlarging-lens
> variations, for the same reason.  The 4.5/100 V-Elmar was produced from
> 1960 until 1977 and was replaced by the 5.6/100 Focotar-2.  I HAVE used the
> V-Elmar and it is quite a nice lens.  Leitz has never made a 60mm enlarging
> lens, as far as my catalogues run, just the single 40,  a number of 50's, a
> couple of 95's, and two 100's.

Hi Marc

You are correct the V-Elmar was not a Focotar. It did however replace a
Focotar (the 95mm) and was in time replaced itself by a Focotar II (100mm)
so maybe it can be considered alongside them?
 It is the most common of the long lenses on the Focomat IIc enlargers
whilst all IIc were, with few if any exceptions, supplied with a 60mm
Focotar on the same panel. Neither the 60 nor the longer lenses were meant
to be sold for other enlargers as I understand it, since they have unusually
long mounts, though of course were available as parts for the IIc and might
work on some other enlargers.

Bests

Adrian
- --