Subject: [Leica] Re: R6 cable release near lens
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2001 09:40:27 -0700

This is the Mirror Lock Up (MLU) and requires either a cable release or a
button release (Leica part number  14087). I use two cable releases, one
for MLU and the other for the shutter (top of camera.) Some people like a
14087 button for the mirror and a cable release for the shutter. You should
use MLU whenever you are on a tripod and using a shutter speed 1/30th and
slower. This keeps camera vibration (from the mirror slapping up) from
causing reduced resolution (blurry pictures.) It (mirror slap) can kill the
recording of fine detail.

Jim