Subject: [Leica] Re: quality control
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2001 13:58:00 -0700

I'm not sure that what you say is true Seth. First, there was no LUG or LEG
or any other world wide e-mail instant information users groups back in the
days of Leitz. You are equating problems that LUGgers have had with Solms
vs problems with equipment out of Leitz. To quote a recent mantra, "what is
your source of information and how reliable is it?" I strongly suspect
extrapolated hearsay.

He said she said...

Any company that uses human beings to manufacture a product will have a
certain percentage of failures that actually make it out the door. From
Yugo to Rolls Royce, from Petri to Leica, from hang gliders to Space Shuttles.

I will bet that Leica's faux pas are still in the same percentage as
Leitz's faux pas. Only they are more visible now. Leica's faux pas may even
be less.

Sort of like war. Now there are TV cameras on the front lines so that the
world can see everything as it happens. During WW-I or WW-II the world
didn't have a clue and only selected information ever got out.

Jim