Subject: [Leica] LUG: failed warning
From: "Chris Quinn" <cquinn@mail.sjcsf.edu>
Date: Thu, 17 May 2001 13:10:49 -0600

Sorry, should have warned you about the anti-tape flamers. I use tape to
downplay the Leica mystique, to avoid distracting would-be subjects with the
flaming red bindi, and to remind myself that, despite all the hype around
the marque, it's just a damn tool.

Funny, every time I see an M6 (especially a good photo, on glossy magazine
paper), I get a form of jittyery gear-lust, despite the fact that I've owned
and shot one extensively for the last year. Weird. I got the same reaction
the first time I drove a convertible (at the age of 16: an Alfa Romeo Spyder
Velocé).  Ten years of driving a 73 VW Thing seems to have cured the
cabriolet jitters, although I still love the Thing, and it makes me smile
every time I put the top down....

Anyway, the tape helps allay my conscience at casually toting around such a
revered and holy icon, and turns it back into a tool again so that I can use
it for its one true purpose.

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] LUG: failed warning)
Reply from Michael Gardner <mlgardner99@earthlink.net> (Re: [Leica] LUG: failed warning)