Subject: RE: [Leica] Re: Does Leica NJ do CLAs?
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 12:39:06 -0400

> I have an M3 that has never been looked at by anyone. It is as smooth as
> glass, quiet, and everything works perfectly. No one will see it until it
> starts to complain. It may never complain.

How do you focus if you don't look at it?

;-)

Your statement about camera use is a very good one.  I collect Super
Ikontas, and most of them I receive have 'some' problem with sticky shutter
button, sticky shutter, sticky self timer, film wind doesn't stop at 1...and
after about 10-15 minutes of cocking the shutter, releasing it, winding,
they almost all end up working just fine!

Lack of use probably has done more overall damage to cameras, than use ever
will!