Subject: Re: [Leica] Nikkor lens, Konica hood?
From: Dante Stella <dante@umich.edu>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2001 08:02:52 -0400 (EDT)

Peter -

	The 28mm Hexar shade would work, although I am not sure how much
it is on its own.  The only catch is that it will not provide a lot of
protection for a 50.  I would suggest getting a Contax shade for the 45/2
G-Planar (which is also 43mm).

	I have the 50/1.4 Nikkor too, and you don't need a huge hood with
vents.  I use a Hoya non-vented 43mm striahgt-side shade.  You start to
need the vents when the filter thread hits 55mm.  B&H may carry a similar
normal-angle metal hood as "general brand."

Dante