Subject: RE: [Leica] Formal education needed?
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 18:58:08 -0400

> And I did state that I am not formally
> trained in these topics. Some at least are less blinded and more
> open minded
> than others.

Having hired literally hundreds of engineers over the years, I must say that
I'll take 5 years of "good" experience over 5 years of formal education in
almost every case.  Some of the most innovative, creative and successful
people I know do not have "formal" degrees.

There is a reason "experience is the best teacher"...