Subject: [Leica] Actual min. focus for latest 35/1.4 and 50/2 M lenses
From: "Dan Honemann" <ddh@home.com>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2001 14:34:56 -0400

I'm curious: does anyone out there in LUGland own a current production
35/1.4 asph or 50/2 M lens whose focus ring does NOT twist a few millimeters
beyond the 0.7 m minimum focus distance mark on the lens barrel?

I'm told by another listmember that his .72x M6 classic's rangefinder
decouples for that last little twist, and a repair person told him that was
normal behavior.  My .72x M6 TTL remains engaged and focuses accurately all
the way down to the .645 meters actual min. focus distance for both of these
lenses (yet my Hexar RF also decouples at a little past the .7 m mark).

Anyone else have this experience with an M6--classic or otherwise?  Or do I
(and this other lister) have oddball lenses because they focus closer than
spec?

Dan

Replies: Reply from "E. van Ginkel" <E.vGinkel@inter.NL.net> (Re: [Leica] Actual min. focus for latest 35/1.4 and 50/2 M lenses)