Subject: RE: [Leica] Cleaning slides for scanning
From: "Austin Franklin" <darkroom@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2001 12:41:55 -0400

> What is the best way to approach cleaning these slides prior to scanning
> them?  I don't want to do anything that might damage these already old
> precious slides.

What is their condition, meaning, what do you want to clean?

If it is just dust etc. then I would suggest a can of compressed air...and
use it in VERY short bursts with the can vertically....do make sure you know
how to use it without ejecting propellant...

I also RARELY use a brush, and sometimes a piece of lense cleaning tissue
(PecPad) folded up to jostle stuck dust...but for the most part, I can
usually spray air away any dust by using different angle blasts...