Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Konica fiction
From: apbbeijing <apbbeijing@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 16:09:36 +0800

> I think it has been proved that Konica is younger than Leitz/Leica.

When did Leitz enter the photographic market? Sometime in the first decade
of the 20th century as far as my books tell me. Of course they were an
optical firm before that but they did not have experience in the field of
mass market photo equipment for decades after Konica had been at it and
their first commercial camera was approximately half a century after Konica
had been in the photo business. This means to me that the heritage of Konica
is not be dismissed lightly even though they are not the particularly altar
we worship at.
Brgds
Adrian
- --