Subject: [Leica] Re: couple of quickies
From: Jim Brick <jim_brick@agilent.com>
Date: Fri, 11 May 2001 17:43:07 -0700

At 06:03 PM 5/11/01 -0500, lea wrote:
>That is what I'm doing. I used "step down" (my thinking being that I'm going
>from 46 to 39...down in my head). In any event, I believe we're saying the
same
>thing, only differently.
>
>Lea

It is called a step-up ring. Lens diameter to filter diameter. B+W makes a
gaggle of them in every possible configuration. I suggest you get a B+W
instead of Tiffen or Hoya as the former is brass and the latter two
alumin(i)um. Aluminum seizes-up very easily and can sometimes be impossible
to get off without resorting to drastic tricks. The voice of experience
here. B&H http://www.bhphoto.com and the Filter Connection
http://www.2filter.com/ usually stock them.

Jim

Message from "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net> (Re: [Leica] couple of quickies)