Subject: Re: [Leica] Scanning with LS-2000
From: Gerry Walden <gerrywalden@cwcom.net>
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2001 06:35:59 +0100

- --=====================_13995985==_.ALT

At 22:21 31-03-01 -0500, you wrote:
>One problem though, when I try b&w neg's, I switch to grayscale mode, and
>the scan software shows dark
>blobs in the preview and the final scan. What's up with this?? How do you do
>b&w??

You will not be able to use ICE with b&w as it reacts with the silver in
the film. You must turn ICE off. If this is the cause of your problem, and
you wish to use ICE then try Vuescan (do a web search) with is a very good
and cheap piece of software available for download and which works very
well with the Coolscan. Long term I have changed to Kodak T-max400CN and
now shoot all my b&w on that and have no problems.

Regards

Gerry

Gerry Walden (UK)
Corporate and Stock Photography
Tel: 0044 (0)23 8046 3076
Fax: 0044 (0)23 8034 8542
- --=====================_13995985==_.ALT

b&amp;w neg's, I switch to grayscale mode, and<br>
the scan software shows dark<br>
blobs in the preview and the final scan. What's up with this?? How do you
do<br>
b&amp;w??</blockquote><br>
You will not be able to use ICE with b&amp;w as it reacts with the silver
in the film. You must turn ICE off. If this is the cause of your problem,
and you wish to use ICE then try Vuescan (do a web search) with is a very
good and cheap piece of software available for download and which works
very well with the Coolscan. Long term I have changed to Kodak T-max400CN
and now shoot all my b&amp;w on that and have no problems.<br>
Regards<br>
Gerry<br>
<x-sigsep><p></x-sigsep>
Gerry Walden (UK) <br>