Subject: Re: [Leica] Viva Valoy!
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2001 11:54:06 -0500

Adrian,
You might try the combo! I put the 40mm Focotar on the Valoy II I have and
was surprised that the enlargent size differed from the 50 as much as it
did!
The Focomat I have has the tall column, and fortunately, it was the one
designed for the 150 watt bulb, so printing times would not be too long. I
can immagine, however, that if you added a taller column to the Valoy you
have, and managed to get the Biogon mounted so that it would fit the 39M
thread- I am sure an adapter could be found, or in China- you might even
fine someone to make one for a reasonable price- that your dream wiud come
true!
The Valoy uses the same diameter column as the Ia Focomat, and I have run
across the Ia with tall columns- about the 1.2m size the Focomat Ic has- so
you might look around- the only difference is that they have the holes for
the pins to set the auto focus, but that should not be a problem at all!
Good Luck!
Dan