Subject: [Leica] Lenses in the 280 range
From: Steve Beyer <steve@beyerphoto.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2001 00:04:54 -0500

I am in the market for something in the 280 range.  I have considered the
current 280 2.8 but I don't think I want to lug that beast so I am now down
to the 280 4.0 and the 105-280 4.2.   Both are not what you could call
inexpensive so I would like to make the right decision. :-)  I would like to
hear your take on the optical quality of one verses the other.  The 280 is
an APO lens which the zoom is not but the Leica literature states that the
zoom is the equal of fix focal length lenses and it would be a bit handier
to use in the field.  Can you help me out?

Thanks
Steve

Replies: Reply from lucien <director@ubi.edu> (Re: [Leica] Lenses in the 280 range)