Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Maison du Leica
From: Guy Bennett <gbennett@lainet.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 12:36:58 -0800

>Dans un courrier daté du 05/03/01 12:40:06 Paris, Madrid,
>stefan_asmith@yahoo.com a écrit :
>
><< he address is 52 blvd beaumarchais 75011
> Metro station: Chemin Vert
> www.lamaisonduleica.com
>
> Prices: a total, absolute, rip-off, just like most
> Leica dealers in France.
> ie: M6 TTL new 19,990 francs (US$2,840)
>[snip]
> Stefan (Paris)
>
>  >>
>I agree with you Stefan , but considering used stuff like an M4
>or M2 in good condition , there prices look cheaper than in the
>USA !
>I've bought a good example of an M4 ( 1967 ) with a full one
>year warranty on it . Now , another Lugger owns that camera
>and it seems he's still very happy with it .
>
>JO GOODTIMES -FRANCE/ AIRBORNE RADAR TECH / LIVE FREE OR DIE

I would never contemplate buying any new Leica gear in France for the
reasons you state. Like Jo says, however, the prices on used gear are not
bad at all. Last summer I saw a beautiful M2 at the Maison du Leica on sale
for $700, and I'm still kicking myself for not buying it at that "bargain"
price (considering that here, an ex++/m- M2 will set you back anywhere from
$1100-$1350).

Hmm

Guy