Subject: [Leica] A public thank you to Segundo Alvarados.
From: Rob McElroy <idag@pce.net>
Date: Wed, 28 Feb 2001 09:08:12 -0500

For All,

A couple weeks ago I posted a request on the LUG for help in disassembling an old A-36 screw mount 3.5cm f3.5 Summaron, which had major amounts of
internal fog that rendered the lens useless for picture taking or selling.

To my rescue came Segundo Alvarado, from Spain, who not only provided me with a step-by-step detailed description of the disassembly, but he also
emailed me a professionally-drawn diagram of the procedure - which required a cutom-made tool to remove the inner elements.  All this he did from
memory and the directions worked perfectly.  The lens is now in excellent image-making condition.

I am posting this to the group to publicly thank him for his time and effort and to let other LUGers know how grateful I am for his efforts.  The
internet has become such a vital source for the sharing of information.  It puts people that want to help - in touch with the people that need help.
Possibly the greatest asset the internet has provided in the computer age.

Bravo to Segundo and to everyone else who takes the time to help someone in need.

Cheers from Buffalo,
Rob McElroy

Replies: Reply from Vick Ko <vick.ko@sympatico.ca> (Re: [Leica] A public thank you to Segundo Alvarados.)