Subject: [Leica] Leica (?) in the movies....
From: "Dan Post" <dpost@triad.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Feb 2001 11:52:34 -0500

Hello everybody!
Are we feeling good today? Great!
I was watching oneof my all time favorite John Wayne movies, Otto
Preminger's "In Harms Way"- and noticed that in the scene where Wayne if
showing up the character played by Peter Lawford, there is a PJ standing on
a chair behind them, shooting what looks for all the world to be, a LEICA!
Couldn't see what model, but it looked like an Elmar 50 from the way the guy
was handling it, and he was not very good at advancing the film! Very
clumsy!
Just wondering if anyone else had caught this- I've seen the film so many
times that my wife can walk through the room while it's on, glance at the
screen, and announce- "My God!, How many times are you going to watch
that!?"
Dan (Clickin' and a-flickin') Post