Subject: [Leica] Re: @#&$$& Watermarks!!
From: Jim Brick <jim@brick.org>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 18:57:01 -0800

Here's what I do. Just did it yesterday to 9 rolls of FP4.

After washing, I put about a quart of deionized water in a vessel. I open
the photoflo, stick my finger in the bottle which coats my finger up to
about the middle joint with photoflo, I pull it out and swizzle it (my
finger) around in the liter of water. I then put the roll of film in the
deionized/photoflo solution, swizzle it around, take it out, hang it in my
JOBO dryer (clip on top, weighted clip on the bottom), and clamp my fingers
around the film and slide them down basically removing excess water, then I
do the next roll until they are all hanging and drying under filtered
heated air. No spots.

Basically... minimal photoflo, filtered deionized or distilled water, wiped
with wet fingers, hung in a warm forced air enclosure.

A large garment bag, one a foot or two wide makes a great drying enclosure.
A 100 watt light bulb inside at the bottom will supply ample heat for
drying film at a reasonable speed. Place a square board (plywood) in the
bottom, the size of the bag (this holds the bag to its shape) and mount a
light bulb in a ceramic socket on the board. Cut some holes on the bottom
and the top so there is air flow and an exit for moist air.

Replies: Reply from Jim Brick <jim@brick.org> ([Leica] RE: Re: @#&$$& Watermarks!!)