Subject: Re: [Leica] New price list.
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 13:23:08 -0500

"A. H. Ongun" wrote:

> Would a 5-10% increase (assuming it is worldwide) deter anyone on this list
> from buying a new lens or camera assuming they were going to buy new anyway?
>
> andy

Well, first off, yes, I assume that a price jump of 10%, which would be
$150 to $250, might well be enough to nudge someone toward used, rather
than new, equipment....And second off, the vast number of people who buy
Leica equipment do NOT subscribe to this list.

A price boost at this time is just plain dumb, and shows yet again that
the Leica management is out of touch with reality.