Subject: Re: [Leica] 135mm f3.4 APO-TELYT-M
From: "Rob Conley" <rconley@mprc.umaryland.edu>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 16:20:42 -0500

gold,

I use a Canon 135/3.5 a bit, and like it.  I don't use it for portraits, as I'm pretty comfortable to the 75 or 90 focal length for that.  However the 135 is useful for compressing perspective much better than shorter lenses, which I'll use for landscapes and a number of city scenes.  I also use it a great deal when photographing my kid's soccer games from the sidelines.  I'm usually so close to the action that a bigger lens isn't that useful and I really like the big viewfinder, little framing lines.  Particulary with kids games, you often get some good reaction shots 'away from the action', once you get used to shooting this way. I'm not advocating this as a normal sports technique, but hey, this is a hobby and it's nice to experiment!

Cheers,

Rob