Subject: [Leica] RE: Mephistos
From: Jem Kime <jem.kime@cwcom.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2001 10:59:04 -0000

A friend of mine swears by another French firm, Paraboots, which apparently
make the boots for the French Foreign Legion, though they make more normal
(strong) shoes too.

I had the opportunity yesterday to buy a brand new pair of (English)
Loakes, hand made, all leather, for 10 UKP!
Though I tried to like them, they were really not my style, even though the
new price would have been around 12-13 times that!

Jem