Subject: Re: [Leica] Comparison of Leica SLR and Contax SLR Systems
From: "Dan States" <dstate1@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 09 Jan 2001 03:54:50 -0000

Based on my own experiences with 3 Contax cameras, along with conversations
with a Contax dealer/friend who got to see mine when they pooped out.  His
comment was that the more expensive the Contax, the more likely they are to
have problems.  These experiences coupled with the fragile nature of cameras
like the AX (focusing system) and the sometimes frustrating G1-G2 keep the
Contax system from being a widely used professionaly.

Don't get me wrong, I still love my Contax cameras, but to pretend that they
are in the durability league of Nikon or even Leica is not realistic.

Finally,  some time ago a LUG member posted some stats regarding camera
failure.  Nikon came out on top by a large margin, with Leica and Contax
drawing up the rear.  (sorry, it was more than a year ago, and I don't know
who posted the data)

Best Wishes
Dan States