Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Late night musings after a long but interesting day.
From: "Mark Rutledge" <markrut@ticnet.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 09:25:23 -0500

Wow guys, allot of venomous replies to a tactful and honest post! I think
Mike definitely has a case. I've always thought a "bare bones" i.e. less
expensive M camera would be great not only for myself(and yes I am a working
photog.) but also for those seeking to get into Leica. Just look at all the
M2,3,4 users out there. I'm sure they out number the M6's.
If anyone thinks they have to have the latest and greatest piece of
equipment to produce award winning, stunning, competitive work has fallen
prey to the photo-industry. The new stuff is great don't get me wrong, but
at this point aren't the previous versions pretty damn good?
And as far as the new Leica offerings bringing in hordes more new
customers,I seriously doubt it. I'm sure many current Leica users will buy
the new 28,winder etc.,but I don't think anyone was holding out getting into
Leica for any of these products.

Mark Rutledge

Replies: Reply from Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com> (Re: [Leica] Re: Late night musings after a long but interesting day.)
Message from Ken Wilcox <wilcox@tir.com> ([Leica] Re: Late night musings after a long but interesting day.)