Subject: Re: [Leica] tip- how to get _out_ of taking wedding candids
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 08:07:12 -0700

Bill Franson wrote:

> At 09:16 PM 10/19/2000 +0200, you wrote:
> >Have I gone to sleep and woke up in cloud cuckoo land?  Are there
> >really photographers turning down thousands and thousands of dollars
> >for a days indoor work.  Surrounded by happy people, good food and free
> >booze?
>
> It's not simply a days work, you better not be drinking the booze, and
> you're surrounded by the mother of the bride as well!
>
> >Gee bloody whiz.
> >
> >Knock knock let me in.
> >
> >Alan

The  mother of the bride will call the morning of the wedding and tell you to
ignore the contract but show up an hour earlier than the bride expects you. Deal
with that.
She will want to give you a tour of the church as if you'd get lost just winging it.
She and the whole crazy family will think nothing of calling at all times of the
day and night to add one more print to a print order years later.
If one of thier formals don't come out they will make a little wedding
photographer voodoo doll and stick pins in it till eternity. Stock up on Tiger Balm!
mark rabiner