Subject: Re: [Leica] Lens challenge
From: David Binder <dbinder@sympatico.ca>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 21:44:58 -0400

The out of focus background of Photos A and D had 'rendered' qualities,
described here often as 'bokeh', similar to what I've noticed on photos
from my own 35 f2.0 ASPH. I am a Leica newbie, and an amateur, so take
my opinions with a grain of salt, but to my eyes, the Leica bokeh is
delightful and I was amazed that it is still visually discernible on a
handheld test presented on computer. As such, I believe the test was
worthwhile and wish to thank Dan Cardish for taking the time. As far as
Summicron versus Summilux, I couldn't tell any difference in this
format, and simply guessed wrong.

- -David Binder