Subject: RE: [Leica] "B Grade"
From: Austin Franklin <austin@darkroom.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 14:51:32 -0400

Cars are far easier to repair than cameras.  I take it you haven't done
much car repair work...or camera repair.  The number of parts has nothing
to do with difficulty of repair.

Also, cars are far more expensive than camera equipment.  They are also not
required to be as 'perfect' as camera equipment (which is a precision
instrument).  I would believe, proportionally, more cars go back in for
repair than camera gear...but that's pure speculation.

In 30 years of buying photo gear, I have never had one problem at all,
outside of normal maintenance.  With every new car I've ever had, it has
had one or more problems that it had to go back, and back, and back...to
repair.