Subject: [Leica] Re: 28-35-50 Tri-Elmar-M F4 Lens Hood
From: "Leonard K. Nicholson" <nicleok@sdllc.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Aug 2000 00:02:04 -0500

While the 12592 hood is the proper lens hood when using a filter with
the 28-35-50 Tri-Elmar-M F4, since I do not use a UVa or Skylight filter
on the lens, I find using a "blank" 55mm filter ring a most efficient
and useful "lens hood."  Just get a B&H UVa 55 mm filter, remove the
filter by either rotating the glass counterclockwise or use a little
ball peen hammer, remove the filter retaining ring inside the filter
ring, and viola:  a blank black filter ring that makes for a very nice
"hood." Hope this helps.

Leonard Nicholson
    nicleok@sdllc.com