Subject: Re: [Leica] R-135 f2.8 quality
From: Doug Herr <telyt560@cswebmail.com>
Date: 2 Jul 2000 19:05:41 -0700

On Sun, 02 July 2000, Thomas Donovan wrote:

> Fellow LUGnuts:
>
> I'm considering the addition of an Leica R-135 f2.8 lens to my
> gear. I'd like to hear comments from those who have used it
> for portrait work. I.E., how does it render color tones, sharpness,
> OOF char., etc. etc. ;-)!
>
> TIA!
>
> Tom Donovan

Tom,

This is an excellent portrait lens.  My early German version is a little soft toward the edges at full aperture (the later Candian version is better) and by f/4.0 I have a hard time telling the difference between this lens's chromes and chromes from the 180 f/3.4 APO.  It's sharp without being harsh, OOF areas are smooth and creamy, colors are rich an clean.  It's a very under-appreciated lens IMHO.

Doug Herr
Sacramento
The ALL NEW CS2000 from CompuServe
 Better!  Faster! More Powerful!