Subject: Re: [Leica] Street photography
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2000 13:18:59 -0700

peter stamos wrote:
><Snip>
> I recently began photographing an indigent, young asian woman dressed in
> sheer pink and cyan whose poor attempts at dance I at first thought were
> intended as a parody of typical street performers, when she began gesturing
> rather dramatically that she did not wish to be photographed. I walked a
> short distance, moving well to her side out of sight and took a few more
> photographs of her. As I turned to leave, someone passed me and angrily said
> "Hey, buddy! she said she didn't want her picture taken!"

The other day I started turning my camera to the general direction of an older
indigent women reclining on a park bench next to her shopping cart pile ten feet
high with here belongings covered with a variety of plastic coverings. I thought
her eyes were closed but I have rarely seen someone move so fast. Apparently was
sick of being a major local photo op. But it had to have gone further than that.
Guess there is an equal urge that counters our acquisitiveness to not be acquiesced.
You'd think there would be more money in those eyeglasses with the nose and
mustaches attached. Maybe if you could get them to your prescription.
Mark Rabiner