Subject: [Leica] B & W Paper - solved
From: "Mueller, Rob" <rob.mueller@eds.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 14:16:21 -0400

For those who were folowing the thread about Forte paper and selenium
toning. I solved my problem over the weekend. Instead of using a single
Rapid Fix for two minutes (insert your favorite Fix Brand, mine was Ilford
Multigrade 1+5)I used a two Fix bath system. one minute in one tray, one
minute in a second tray. No more rosy background (of high key images) after
selenium toning. I don't know why this works because the fix was not
exhausted (according to edwal G fix tester drops), but it sure turned yellow
quick.

I also switched to Forte Pro Factor One developer. I had used the Ilford
multigrade dev. for about a year (after using Dektol for almost 10 years),
loved the convenience of the liquid developer, but just wasn't satisfied
with the way things looked. But for my negs and Forte paper, the Zonal pro
dev. matches very well and the speed of the paper didn't change from the
Ilford. That saves me about two months of work right there.

Rob Mueller
www.studiesinblackandwhite.com
rob@studiesinblackandwhite.com