Subject: RE: [Leica] Kindermann Canada camrea servicing
From: Paul Chefurka <Paul_Chefurka@pmc-sierra.com>
Date: Sat, 1 Apr 2000 14:44:11 -0800

It's not at all unethical to solicit another company's employees.  It
happens in high-tech all the time - that's how head-hunters make their
living.  What is illegal is for the recruited employees to take confidential
company information with them.

Sometimes high-tech companies will set up "no-poaching" agreements with
other companies, especially those that have been started by previous
employees of the target company - the strong personal contacts the poachers
have into the target company can make their advances predatory.  But even
then, if the poaching company is non-competing (or can claim they are), such
an agreement can be hard to obtain.  In the absence of such an agreement,
all's fair in love and business.

Paul Chefurka