Subject: Re: [Leica] Helicopter Aerials...and Aviation Stuff
From: "David W. Almy" <dalmy@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2000 11:24:10 -0500

All,

For fun, I've posted a helicopter-to-helicopter shot I took last summer.
It can be seen at http://www.nbaa.org/baus/images/helicopter.jpg. The
picture was taken using an R8 and the 70-180 wide open at about 130mm.
Exposure was about 1/250th wide open (f2.8) on E200 with the camera set
on "A" with me contorted and shooting out a tiny back door window in a
Bell JetRanger.

I used the shot in a double page full bleed spread dropping text into
the grey area in the top half of the picture. The 48-page brochure
including this spread may be downloaded (2.1 MB) at
http://www.nbaa.org/baus/baus-rgb.pdf. The brochure contains 68 photos,
all Leica M&R, except one Contax G shot that sneaked in -- see if you
can find it! The helicopter spread is on pages 14-15. Best viewed with
Adobe Acrobat in "continuous facing" view, to see the spreads fully.
Happy to send the paper version to anyone who emails me their snail mail
address.

David W. Almy
Annapolis