Subject: Re: [Leica] Image quality
From: Mark Rabiner <mark@rabiner.cncoffice.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 12:40:49 -0800

Thanks Erwin!! are we assuming that  some rolls from the Pentax as well as the
Leica were both run in both the Rodinol and the D76 (I assume 1:1)?
I found the difference between Rodinal and D76 to be dramatic.
Like the difference between an uncoated lens from a swap meet for $20 and a new
T* Hassy lens for instance.
Or an old 127 Ektar and a new (sorry Marc) Fujinon which is my only other 4x5 lens.
Day and night.
I would think even bigger than the difference between Pentax Super Takamar
optics and Leica.
"Did I remember to take that Softar off?"

I used to use diffusion on a regular basis off and on in the very early 80's.
What do I do with that garbage now?
Unsharp mask on steroids?!
Mark Rabiner