Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Re: 35/1.4 ASPH hood
From: Neil Frankish <nfrnkish@tcd.ie>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 13:57:02 +0000

>> From listening to all the discussions on this, I  can't recognise the hood
>> on my own 35 1.4 ASPH. Compared to my 28 2.8 and pictures of the 35 2
>ASPH,
>> my hood is very primative - there is no ring to turn - it pushes on and
>> clicks - depress  cut-out sections to pull it off. The hood cover is of
>the
>> same thin plastic - unclip the bottom and slide the cover upwards off the
>> hood - at can't fall off. A different version?
>
>Mine has a screw and lock. You allign two dots then push on and twist with a
>locking ring. The hood cover is a rubber material - different from the hood
>itself. Serial no. is 3705571.
>
>Julian

This is obviously very different from mine - I bought my lens last autumn,
but I know the dealer had it on his shelf for over 1 year - so maybe early
versions had the different hood. Anyone know of the date/serial No. when
this change occurred? I must say that mine looks a bit cheap for the
expense of the lens, but at least I don't have to worry about the cover
falling off.. Was there any change to lens ring to accomodate this
difference?