Subject: [Leica] OT--no Leica content--
From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 09:00:52 +0000

I shouldn't ask, but:
  a) did you photograph it, and
  b) did you photograph it with a Leica?
  c) was it Art?

amazing

Tim K
<<<<

No, I was 13 and my camera at the time was a Konica T3 with a Varifocal
35-70, an early "zoom" (it wasn't a true zoom as you had to refocus at
every f-l.) Anyone who knows that Konica and that lens won't wonder that
I didn't take the camera hiking.

The incident I wrote about what kind of funny. My bunkmate Kenny, a
cheerful, coarse fellow with positive appetites, arrived at the campfire
after the food was prepared. The rest of us had been through the scare
of finding the snake, the adventure of killing it, and the fascinating
process of dressing it. Kenny had no idea. So he enthusiastically dug in
and ate half a plateful, then said, "This is good chicken, but it tastes
different. What's on it?"

"It's not chicken," we told him.

"Well, it's good. What is it?"

"Freshly killed rattlesnake."

Kenny turned pale and said, "bull-SHIT."

"No bullshit. Why do you think all the pieces are round? Look, you can
see--it's still moving." We had to wait a while, but sure enough, one of
the freshly-cooked pieces on a plate distinctly moved.

As soon as he saw it move, he went right to the bushes and lost his
dinner!

It was pretty tasty, actually.

- --Mike