Subject: Vs: [Leica] Camera and photographer of the century
From: "Raimo Korhonen" <raimo.korhonen@pp2.inet.fi>
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2000 13:13:12 +0100

The new millennium starts when people start counting - and the majority of the people seem to think that the new millennium started the same time as the new decade - and the minority thinks that its still the ´nineties. You can start yours tomorrow or 1.1.2001, as you please. I started 1.1.2000 - it is a matter of convention, not absolute truth. If you want absolutes you must start counting from the Big Bang  - or whatever - but our years, days ... seconds are not absolutes either - and neither is Greenwich website.
BTW this subject has already been argued to death at all other lists.
All the best!
Raimo
photos at http://personal.inet.fi/private/raimo.korhonen