Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V14 #71
From: LEICAMAN56@aol.com
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 00:52:50 EST

Boy, that's a tough question to answer about comparing the two.  The
Millennium camera is based on the LHSA black paint camera.  I have been
working on this project for close to three years, through various twists,
turns and roadblocks along the way as well as some changes in management at
Leica Solms.  Leica stole a bit of our thunder by coming out with their
version first.
Anyway, there are some differences.  First off, the Millennium has a rewind
knob ala the M2/M3 and the LHSA has a crank.  Millennium camera limited to
2,000 units, the LHSA camera only limited to the number subscribed.  LHSA
available in .72 or .85.  LHSA dot will be black, not red.  Leica script
engraved on top, as well as "LEICA CAMERA AG, SOLMS GERMANY'.  This will be
the first Leica camera engraved Solms!
Deliveries should start in March 2000.
I'll keep you posted.

Bill Rosauer