Subject: Re: [Leica] Tripod myth
From: "Claes-Göran Bjernér" <claes.bjerner@pi.se>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 17:34:06 +0100

> better
> or quicker than metal<<<

That makes a lot of sense! While I was still shooting 16mm news footage I
once replaced my wooden tripod with the latest Japanese aluminum one, but
soon realized my mistake. My Arriflex BL remained silent, but the aluminum
tripod sang a very irritating song thru the whole shoot. The camera´s
otherwise unnoticable vibrations was picked up and increased by the tripod.
Wood and carbon tripods don´t give you that problem.

Claes