Subject: Re: [Leica] re - Automatic flash vs. TTL
From: Gaifana@aol.com
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 1999 21:02:39 EST

Now that I'm back from the Christmas experience with 4 rolls of 100-speed
color with the Hexar, I can tell you that TTL and auto flash each have
nothing on a flashmatic (aperture varies with distance) system with
twin-exposure capability (mid-exposure stop-down, "rear curtain" synch), such
as the Hexar I used. I'm looking at the same formulaic pictures shot over the
years with Vivitar 283 (GN120?), Nikon SB-20 (GN120, TTL) and a HX-14 (GN45).
The Hexar shots are the only ones that show properly exposed faces *and*
white walls as detailed but bright white.

Why no GN-Nikkor type lens for rangefinders? I know that you can't balance
the background as well with a slow-synch FP shutter, but still -

Cheers
Dante