Subject: [Leica] Forsale and WTB on the LUG
From: "Bill Campbell" <billc@clark.net>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 14:51:19 -0500

Hi LUGers,

I would like to purpose a "rules change", in that WTB ads, and
non-commercial FS ads, be allowed, and encouraged on any day.

My reasons are that in today's world of quick, instantaneous electronic
transactions, making a potential seller, or buyer, wait up to 6 days to post
will result in lost opportunity for members of the LUG.

As a member of the LUG, I really appreciate those who post their FS ads here
first (before e-bay, or a newsgroup, or a web-site) giving me the "first
chance" to acquire a nice piece of Leica equipment. If you're not
interested, let it pass and just delete the post (and I'm an ardent
"anti-spammer"), what's the diff between posting on Fri and any other day of
the week? Same bandwidth, or don't people read Fri.'s postings because there
might be a FS ad? <g> [Notice the grin!]

I think the more commercial postings [i.e., Leica dealers] should only be
posted once a week, unless you have new equipment from your last posting.
I'm in favor of retaining Fri FS for commercial listings, but think
individual postings should be allowed, and encouraged!, on any day.

What are other LUGers thoughts?, can we make this a policy change so
potential posters don't fear flames for posting a forsale item on a day
other than Fri?

Bill Campbell
- --