Subject: Re: [Leica] M3 dilema -- also ? about rangefinder adjustment
From: Jeff S <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 1999 15:34:28 -0700

Andrew Moore wrote:

> I wonder if you could use a light coating of that graphite lubricant
> stuff, just to ease some of the friction.  As long as it stays only on the
> metal mounting surfaces (i.e., not the shutter cloth etc.!) it should
> help ease the friction.

Graphite has it's place, but you really don't want it where it may end
up staining your fingers or clothing, and you need to be very careful if
you use it on electronic cameras as it's electrically conductive. A tiny
amount of graphite can make a surprisingly big mess!

- --

Jeff Segawa
Somewhere in Boulder, Colorado
http://www.boulder.net/~4season