Subject: Re: [Leica] Konica HEXAR RF Equal to Summicron 50!?!
From: "Tom Schofield" <tdschofield@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 08:36:53 -0800

PopPhots's SQF numbers seem to be based on bright scene performance.  In my
recollection, Leica glass has always done poorly at wide apertures on their
SQF factors.  (E.g. a 50 Summilux at 1.4) Pop Photo's testing just doesn't
seem to take into account what makes for a good looking available light
pictures.  N**** glass that I have used that does better in their tests,
looks muddy and flat in available light in my experience, where as my Noct
makes stunninngly beautiful and bright images, with only one candle on he
table!  I shudder to think what SQF factors they would give a Noctilux at
1.0!  They just don't seem to understand the contrast control that Leica is
famous for.

Tom Schofield