Subject: Re: [Leica] Konica HEXAR RF Lenses reviewed in CI #220
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 06:08:44 +0000

LUGgers

So far, I am reading all sorts of theoretical discussion about the Hexar
and its lenses. I am waiting for somebody to use this camera with a variety
of leica as well as the Hexanon optics and come out with at least a
rational/logical/unbiased/honest opinion about this new kid in the block.

As far as I am aware, a camera body is merely a light tight box which is
there to hold the lens on one side and the film in the other. With the help
of the shutter, it allows a certain amount of light to be transmitted from
the lens to the film resulting in (hopefully) the required image. People
buy a certain body for the features, ergonomics, looks, brand, and what
have you. Ultimately it is still the barrel holding a motly variety of
glass called a lens which produces the desired image.

So it is either "it's the body, stupid," or "it's the lens, idiot!"

Dan K.

                 Live simply so that others might simply live.