Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Nikon LS-2000 sample - Gary D. Whalen
From: P2CON@aol.com
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 13:55:11 EST

In a message dated 12/11/99 9:28:19 AM Pacific Standard Time,
RBedw51767@aol.com writes:

<< SNIP >> << Of course everyone's perception of nudity is different.  I have
 seen the photograph and it certainly was not offensive to me nor would it be
 to most teenagers, in my opinion.  I certainly was not jumping on Gary but I
 was defending another lugger for whom I have a lot of respect.  Pascal would
 not have referred to this photo had he thought it was going to offend anyone.

 Bob >>

OK, I just can not let this one go without a comment. IMO, the photograph
would not be offensive to a teenager at all. It would be titilating. I was a
teenager some fifty-odd years ago and that kind of photograph was titilating
then too. Again, IMO the subject of the photograph was the girl's exposed
pubic region. First, her pretty, smiling face, then her crotch, then the much
less than attractive background, (probably a bedroom). Now, this is not a
photograph I would call my wife in to look at, as a prime  example of Leica
glass quality and high-end digital scanning. If I showed that to my wife she
would probably take everything in the house with the words "Leica" or "Nikon"
on it and throw it in the trash.

That said, there are some really nice shots of the girl Elena on Pascal's
site. IMO he should have used a different shot to showcase the LS2000.

Nuff said from this corner -- Paul Connet