Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: How make your own website?
From: "Joe B." <joe-b@dircon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 1999 17:46:23 +0000

At 07:51 09/12/99 -0800, you wrote:
>Brian Read said:
> >I also recommend against Claris Home Page as being too pedestrian.
>
>For HTML editing, I use Claris Home Page 3.0 (now discontinued) because
>it's easy and free to me. But it's not industrial strength, if that's
>what you're after. It does produce good results and very easily.
>
>My favorite HTML editor is not WYSIWYG at all. BBEdit (on the Macintosh)
>provides full HTML features and templates and allows arbitrarily complex
>HTML pages to be constructed. It's an excellent product for when i need
>to do things which are not approachable with Home Page (which is actually
>very rare).
>
>Godfrey

I'm interested in pedestrianisation! Home Page sounds good but I did
download a trial copy once a few months ago and got what looked like an
avalanche of tutorial material that I had to do before using it. Since none
of the material covered in the tutorial looked anything like what I wanted
to do, I abandoned the enterprise for a while. My excuse, and it is a good
one, is that I have ME (Chronic Fatigue Syndrome) quite severely and I
really cannot tackle anything very intensive or learn too much new stuff
too quickly. Nevertheless I would really like to put together a simple web
page that displays photographs, and that does virtually nothing else- maybe
a line of text under each and a few paragraphs of explanatory material at
the most. I wonder if there is any relatively simple web software that
would be good for this purpose but not reduced to near idiot level? Any
recommendations appreciated- I have Leica pics I would like to display.

Joe B.