Subject: [Leica] Re: Hexar AE Lock
From: Cummer Family <cummer@asiaonline.net>
Date: Mon, 06 Dec 1999 07:47:22 +0800

>Date: Sun, 05 Dec 1999 10:24:21 +0000
>From: Mike Johnston <michaeljohnston@ameritech.net>
>Subject: [Leica] RF exposure lock

>pleasure. You just set the aperture, touch the shutter release and you
>get
>a shutter speed LED. Set the camera to exposure lock and the speed
>doesn't
>change as you reframe<<<
>
>Howard,
>How do you do this? I mean, how do you lock the exposure on this camera?
>
>TIA,
>
>- --Mike
Dear Mike,
There are two AE settings, one with just AE so as you move the camera with
the shutter switch pressed partially down the speeds continue to change as
the light changes, the second setting with AE lock, you push the shutter
button down part way, the camera meters and locks in the exposure and then
you can recompose without the shutter speed changing even if the light is
different.
Best Regards
Howard.