Subject: RE: [Leica] details on HCB pix auctioned in Berlin
From: Christer Almqvist <christer@almqvist.net>
Date: Fri, 3 Dec 1999 09:49:42 +0100

>Christer Almqvist wrote:
>
>> There were six
>> Cartier-Bresson prints generally selling for two-three thousand marks each.
>
>It's incredibly cheap. An original print from HCB costs between 6000 to 9000
>marks when you order it. Did they say if the prints were signed and stamped by
>HCB?

....and I quote from the catalogue (abbreviated)

Lot 1145: HCB portrait of Francis Bacon, 50s, later silver gelatine print,
embossed © HCB, signed in black ink HCB  (sold for 2400DM)

Lot 1146: Gunter Sachs, 50s, vintage,silver gelatine print, blue © HCB
stamp and red archive stamp from a weekly magazine (sold for 3200DM)

Lot 1147: No title, 50s, later silver gelatine print, embossed © HCB,
signed HCB in black ink with dedication (I did not make a note of the price)

Lot 1148: Iran, 60s, vintage silver gelatine print, blue stamp on back HCB
and two other stamp from the Presse-Agentur L Dukas, Zürich  (I did not
make a note of the price)

Lot 1149: India, otherwise as 1148  (I did not make a note of the price)

Lot 1150: India, otherwise as 1148 (sold for 2300 DM)